Sunday, October 6, 2013

2013 Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs (MAPS) Fall Conference, Tampa, FL


I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the 2013 Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs (MAPS) Fall Conference which took place in Tampa, Florida October 3-5.  For those unfamiliar, MAPS is the only comprehensive training and fellowship for the biomedical treatment of autism spectrum disorders.  Obtaining membership in MAPS is an important next step in furthering my knowledge of nutritionally assisting the growing population of autistic and special needs children (now 1 in 50 with the diagnosis of ASD).   MAPS has created a top-notch program for attending practitioners presenting the newest biomedical treatments in autism using proven scientific evidence.  The MAPS faculty and presenters, some of the most highly respected in the field of autism treatment, are extremely knowledgeable in their respective areas of practice.   I found great value in the topics presented at the conference such as the foundations of MAPS, gastrointestinal issues and nutrition and environmental medicine.  I am excited to implement into my practice the new methods of treatment and care that I learned. 

Most of all, I enjoyed meeting practitioners and vendors from all over the world wanting to help those affected by autism.  Attending practitioners at the conference represented over 20 countries.  I am happy to be affiliated with this fantastic organization.  Great job MAPS in putting on a wonderful and insightful conference.   I look forward to attending MAPS conferences in the future!  For more information, visit www.medmaps.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment